Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Staying the course

Some days it's so hard to stay the course. Everyone I know has a different day off, sometimes it sucks to have an 8-5 Mon-Fri job. When all my buddies are on the water fishing...oh wo as me. Although my distinct advantage is being in outside sales, where I can roam around SE MN calling on businesses, and as long as quota is met, I have extreme flexibility. Some days I wonder "how did I come to this exact point in the vast universe?" Why am I here, right now today...shouldn't I have lived among the settlers? I could have hunted for ginseng when it was everywhere, could have fished the rivers and creeks when Ol' Miss' was vodka clear. Nope a job, mortgage, taxes, grass mowing, kids, car problems, waning bank balances due to expensive fossil fuels. I wish I was a farmer, working my land for myself, teaching the boys how to live from your own 'stead, and having the wife barefoot and prego in the kitchen...wait that part is true. I need a farm with a stream, and a pond. How can I ever stay the course and comlete my objectives?
Mowed the grass last night. Today bought 5 bags of .97 cent plastic baits at Gander got 5 bags free, bought some new hooks 5/0, 1/0 2/0 sleds, 3/0 wide gap reds. I'm going to wait on the big cat gear...I don't think i need to spend the cash on it. Gas went down to $3.79 threw a twen' in.

No comments: